Monday, June 15, 2009

ITALY’S LUCA TONI: EVERYONE ALWAYS THINKS I’M OUT OF SHAPE


The Azzurri hitman says he is ready to play from the start against the United States.
Italy coach Marcello Lippi has the difficult task of selecting 11 Azzurri players to tackle the United States of America in the World Champion’s first match of the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup.

His toughest selections will come up front, as he has six in-form strikers at his disposal, all of whom will be keen to play from the start.

One of those is Luca Toni, and the Bayern Munich hitman recently staked his claim to be included in the starting line-up.

“When I come in to the national side, everyone is always in form except for me,” the giant hitman sarcastically told Rai.

“People think that I will be slow, awkward and that I’m out of shape. To them I say that at 32 years of age, I do not feel old, and I am full of maturity.

“In two years in Germany, I have scored 61 goals in all, and it appears to me that no one is taking notice of that.”

At this point, Alberto Gilardino remains the favorite of the six strikers in the side to get the call up, however Toni did add that he will support whatever decision his coach makes on the night.

“I hope to play from the first minute, but if Gilardino starts in my place, then I will support him.”

Free Website Hosting

0 comments:

Post a Comment